Skip to main content

Fire alarm in the dorm

 




Something crazy, something memorable, and something hilarious happened yesterday. 


So 11/6/23, let's do the typical day diary type stuff. 

Here's what happened on November 6th

 - It was a Monday, and usually I do push day on Mondays but I was super sore from running on Saturday and spending 3 hrs at the gym on Sunday playing basketball and doing pull day. 

 - So I woke up at 9:50 AM, got ready, and I didn't have a smoothie ready for this morning so I cut myself an apple and a banana and that was my breakfast. While this happened I checked canvas and my professor sent out an announcement that today's lecture was gonna be online again because she was still feeling sick.

 - SO I took my lecture at my desk and it is harder to focus for sure but I still got it done because like she moves at a pretty fast pace in her lecture you always have to be on top of your game.

 - After lecture, I think I chilled for a while and cubed a bit or something, but then I ordered grubhub to be sent to McHenry Library, and then took an ebike down there. AND BEFORE my sister gets mad at me for wasting money on grub hub, just know that UCSC has free grubhub premium so my bowl was literally 3 more dollars just to get it delivered here. It was like $18 purchase with my bowl and chips, and then literally they just tacked on only $3 so that's A STEAL. I'm def gonna vibe out to this grubhub next quarter once I downgrade my meal plan because IM SAVING MONEY. IM ECONOMICALLY LIKE THAT. TALK TO ME NICE.

 - I played geoguessr for like 2 hours at the library I'm not gonna lie I practiced some Kenya and played my weekly series BR games. In between I ate my chipotle bowl which was pretty fire. I tried out something new this time and added fajitas and pinto beans which I don't normally do. I ate like 3/5 of it and left 2/5 and the chips for dinner, the fajitas and pinto beans def made it more filling.

 - SO yea not much happened at the library, I just did my english homework and practiced my speech for my slug story. And played some geoguessr in between. I've never enjoyed playing this game so much man, it's just so captivating to me, everything about it, the learning aspect, the competitive aspect, the geography aspect, the cultural landscape aspeAHHHHH I LOVE THIS GAMe

 - But I need to stop talking about this stuff because I'm really detracting from the real experience of what happened on November 6th. So after library I went to an empty classroom to practice my speech a couple more times, then I went back to the dorm and ate my chipotle and chips with some guac I brought from home:



 - So then fast forward to like 10:50 PM, our entire floor was just chilling, half of us were in the kitchen watching andres cook, and half of us were in my room playing music on my speaker
 - SO THE FIRE ALARM GOES OFF. Me and Austin look at each other and were like "OH ITS DEFINITELY ANDRES AND RAYMON" So we just took off and man that alarm got pretty loud bruh. It was unreal duded, the ENTIRE building was evacuated because it literally was from the kitchen. Apparently Andres was cooking some rice and put some water in the pan and it was steaming and next thing u know the smoke detector starts tweaking out for no reason and now all like 100 of us in the building have to evacuate ALL CUZ OF THE KITCHEN DOWNSTAIRS.
 - So to be real, it was bound to happen cuz like literally Raymon and Arshia and Madhav were watching them and it was literally just steam. 
 - And man bro I just don't know what to say, the whole thing was so crazy and funny, there were so many storylines. Because before this, Andres and Raymon got warned by one of the fire marshall guys or whatever theyre called when they were cooking before about the smoke, and the fire marshall literally had their IDs because they were mad at them or soemthing for no reason. So Andres was LITERALLY suspect #1 but HE LITEARLLY DID NOTHING WRONG. It was just crazy bruh, my storytelling is kinda off today because I really wanna go to sleep and I'm just cranking this out.
 - Halfway on our parade towards social sciences cuz the RA told us to, WE REALIZE THAT JACKSON IS IN THE SHOWER. I lKNEW HE WAS IN THERE. So then we start freaking out again and our adrenaline was literally at a crazy peak man we were all just dying laughing man it was unreal.

 - After a while, the RAs start leading us back towards the building and thats when WE SEE A FIRETRUCK PULL UP LMAO. ALL OF THIS COMMOTION from Andres cooking rice man this thing was hilarious. And it was at this time where Jackson came out too man everything was just unreal. 
 - And yea all this evacuating and evyerhing lasted around like 50-60 minutes, the first thing we did when we went back to the dorms was just go crazy in our chat lmao making memes and stuff


So as you can tell I'm kind of dead, like I can literally sense how bad this storytelling is. I'm just not in my bag right now, and me deflating my storytelling will only make it worse, but idc i feel like its kinda bad.

Here's the photo album, I recorded TONS of clips:


https://photos.app.goo.gl/9doTbgM3oq5WfmUo8



I'm planning on making some edit of this lmao but I'm super new to davinci so it will take some time.




__________________

a DAY diary

__________________

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

casual productive tuesday + arian's slug story

 Today is Tuesday and here I am wrapping up how the day went. It was fairly uneventful I would say.   - Woke up at like 7:50 AM and got ready. I literally stopped telling myself to pull up to this class on time because there really is no need to and it feels so good to press that snooze button  - And so I went to my 8 AM class until 9:35 AM. I put in one earbud and litearlly finished my reading reflection due on Thursday during class which felt super satisfying. Literally that class is so soothing sometimes to do work because its just kids yapping making a nice environment for me to do work  - Then I went back to my room and did some cubing until around 10:50 AM  - Then I left at 10:50 AM cuz Jackson was coming back today at 11:20 AM and I don't wanna deal with his mom being in the room lol so I guess that means a very early lunch for me.  - After lunch I took a bike down to McHenry library. At this point it was like 12:00 PM. I stayed at the library for 2 hours where I wrote this

capitola on a peculiar saturday | DAY

10/21/23 DAY post So it's Saturday and I'm not home for the weekend. Let's run down what I did today, because it was quite a unique day.  - I wanna do a codeforces contest at 4 AM tomorrow  - Thus, I slept at 5 AM and woke up at 11 AM today, to kinda skew my sleep schedule or whatever  -  I went on like a bike ride and went to andres' room and went on omegle, thats how I killed the time to sleep at 5 AM  - So with the preface out of the way, let'st alk about today.  - SO 11 AM jackson's alarm woke me up, I was planning on waking up later but its whatever. He went home for the weekend.   - I drank a smoothie with strawberries, blueberries, and milk for breakfast. That stuff was pretty good tbh. I got a blender bottle and I have a code to the kitchen co-op so I use their blender to blend it, cuz the blender bottle cant blend strawberries cuz itsl iterally jsut a spring, it can only like mix soft things  - Then me, Raymon, Matthew, and Andres took an uber to Capito