Skip to main content

My first day of college | DAY

  Today, Friday, 9/22/23, I moved into college.

We woke up at like 8 AM and drove to San Jose to get breakfast at google cuz my sister works there lol so yea free food we take that. the food was pretty fire, these blueberry pancake things were super good and so were the staple pan au chaogloate however u spell that in french or whtaever. Then the smoothies are always so good man, though this time it was avocado ginger smoothie which was kinda mid. 

Then yea we drove down to Santa Cruz, I haven't driven down there in a while and honestly it's not that stressful of a drive for me, lowkey some of those cheeky highways branching off of berkeley are pretty stressful and shaky to drive in.

Anyway I would say comfortably that we literally like didnt bring much. My mom stuffed a good majority of things in this big red suitcase and outside of that we had some other boxes and stuff, but like we fit it all in the trunk and frunk of a tesla. We didn't even use any part of the backseat of the car or the ground of the backseat of the car or anything bruh. We didn't even need a dolly or whatever wheelie rolly cart things to transport our stuff cuz the four of us got everything in one trip. Idk why like I'm writing this in a flexing tone lmao but like that stuff is fire. Obviously, one of my roommates is bringing a minifridge and microwave and their MONITOR so like you can't avoid that but we had it super easy. We took like total like 20-30 min scraps setting up the bed and unpacking things and like lowkey we were done. 

So yea it wasn't that hectic, we walked back to the car and i said my goodbyes and MAN i was trying so hard not to cry that i legit just cuoldnt contain it. If no one was around me I wouldve been sobbing but like I was restraining it rly hard. I had some tears but nothing audibly loud like man dude i was trying so hard not to cry. Just saying bye to my family like that. It's not really the thought of like "i wont see my parents for a long time" but more of like moving on to this next stage of my life. It's like this moment when it fully hit me. All of my 4 months its been so happy like jjst my life style of going to the gym and coming home with like nothing on my mind to do really. And then just being around my family and especially my sister man like these times have just been so fun and just some experiences that are so hard for me to let go of. Its really all ending, and its just maybe bittersweet, but sad.


but yea after that my roommates were still setting up and unpacking cuz some of them brought so much stuff and i was just like helping them with things and also organizing my clothes and shelves nicely during this time. We did this until like 2:30 pm or something.


Then after that, me and jackson walked around cuz the cafeteria closed for a while since it was like 3pm at this point, then we went back and ate like a small snack of these crossaint pan au chocaolat thing and we continued soodling and 

anyway, we then headed to our welcome dinner slot at 4:45 pm where there was some random ice breaker circle and then we ate dinner and this was like our first formal event of meeitng ppl. During dinner i met these three kids, raymon, austin, and matthew, that i get along with super well, and turn to find out our rooms are like right next to each other.

So yea I met those kids, we ate dinner which in my opinion was pretty solid. Ppl didnt really like the pizza but I thought it was some good high quality healthy stuff bruh.


LIke sure yeah that might look nasty but its pretty good. THe sauce is kinda bad but like idk something about it hit me. Bro i didnt take like any photos or vids of the cafeteria, but its pretty solid. Apparently the cafeteria near us is one of like the best on campus. I could see myself getting stale to the food but ill take it bro. I griefed some bananas back to my dorm cuz theyre nice to eat when ure hungry

then after that we had some event at like 9 pm, so thats a lot of time so i headed to the gym myself. There, I first checked out the indoor gym, and saw that they ONLY HVAE ONE COURT. I asked some guy on the sideline if theres more courts and he said that theres more on the west side gym. There's two gyms on campus, i went to east, and the west side has like 2 courts or something and thats where all the athletes go. But yea so I just headed to the outdoor courts instead and rented out an outdoorbasketball and shot around. This guy named tejas pulled up and was shooting around too so I asked him to 1v1 and thats how u meet ppl bro. The outdoor court is pretty bad, like the rims are so concrete, the ground is slanted, and also its super rough, i feel like its bad for my basketball shoes. Either way, we then played 2v2 with these upperclassmen that were at the courts too afterwards and we talked for a while about like life and stuff. They were super nice, its honestly crazy how nice and open they were to us. They just told us about like tips on how to make friends, what we should do, things about like professors and classes, and like taking routes and shortcuts. super fun tiems, and i walked back with tejas cuz turns out hes also from john r lewis.

So then after that we went to the loteria event for John r Lewis and College 9 at 9pm where we basically played bingo. The first couple of rounds i didnt rly have a chance but like this one round i was 2 away and I was mad stressing then SOME DOUCHEBAG GETS UP AND GRIEFS THE ENTIRE FKING GAME. LITERALLY USUALLY 10 PPL WOULD WINA T ONCE BUT THIS GUY MESSED UP ALL OF OUR PROGRESS JUST FOR ONE PRIZE THATS NOT VERY EFFICIENT LMAo but anyway i ended up winning after that cuz ton of kids left and there was like 20-30 of us left. We got some lanyards and a sticker and umbrellas for winning and yea that lasted until like 10:30

After that, we headed back to the dorm, and then tejas asked to come over so i said yes and he came over and met my roommates and we played rocket league and talked abotu stuff. thats actually, while we were talking, when i found out my other roommate from foothill was actually IRANIAN bro i thoguht he was indian the entire time. Now it kinda makes sense cuz his parents did look iranian. He legit like moved from iran to america when he was 13, and he speaks farsi and all of that, its honestly pretty cool.


But yeah, tejas left at like 12:00 or something and i went to take a shower and we dipped out, turned off the lights at like 12:45 AM, and went to bed. Nothing rly complicated. The shower was pretty nice and I was the only one there. We have 2 bathrooms on our floor, each of them have 4 showers. And both of them are gender neutral which was very confusing at first. It's quite interesting, never experienced this before


So that was my first day of college. 


___________

a DAY diary. 

___________

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fire alarm in the dorm

  Something crazy, something memorable, and something hilarious happened yesterday.  So 11/6/23, let's do the typical day diary type stuff.  Here's what happened on November 6th  - It was a Monday, and usually I do push day on Mondays but I was super sore from running on Saturday and spending 3 hrs at the gym on Sunday playing basketball and doing pull day.   - So I woke up at 9:50 AM, got ready, and I didn't have a smoothie ready for this morning so I cut myself an apple and a banana and that was my breakfast. While this happened I checked canvas and my professor sent out an announcement that today's lecture was gonna be online again because she was still feeling sick.  - SO I took my lecture at my desk and it is harder to focus for sure but I still got it done because like she moves at a pretty fast pace in her lecture you always have to be on top of your game.  - After lecture, I think I chilled for a while and cubed a bit or something, but then I ordered grubhub to

casual productive tuesday + arian's slug story

 Today is Tuesday and here I am wrapping up how the day went. It was fairly uneventful I would say.   - Woke up at like 7:50 AM and got ready. I literally stopped telling myself to pull up to this class on time because there really is no need to and it feels so good to press that snooze button  - And so I went to my 8 AM class until 9:35 AM. I put in one earbud and litearlly finished my reading reflection due on Thursday during class which felt super satisfying. Literally that class is so soothing sometimes to do work because its just kids yapping making a nice environment for me to do work  - Then I went back to my room and did some cubing until around 10:50 AM  - Then I left at 10:50 AM cuz Jackson was coming back today at 11:20 AM and I don't wanna deal with his mom being in the room lol so I guess that means a very early lunch for me.  - After lunch I took a bike down to McHenry library. At this point it was like 12:00 PM. I stayed at the library for 2 hours where I wrote this

capitola on a peculiar saturday | DAY

10/21/23 DAY post So it's Saturday and I'm not home for the weekend. Let's run down what I did today, because it was quite a unique day.  - I wanna do a codeforces contest at 4 AM tomorrow  - Thus, I slept at 5 AM and woke up at 11 AM today, to kinda skew my sleep schedule or whatever  -  I went on like a bike ride and went to andres' room and went on omegle, thats how I killed the time to sleep at 5 AM  - So with the preface out of the way, let'st alk about today.  - SO 11 AM jackson's alarm woke me up, I was planning on waking up later but its whatever. He went home for the weekend.   - I drank a smoothie with strawberries, blueberries, and milk for breakfast. That stuff was pretty good tbh. I got a blender bottle and I have a code to the kitchen co-op so I use their blender to blend it, cuz the blender bottle cant blend strawberries cuz itsl iterally jsut a spring, it can only like mix soft things  - Then me, Raymon, Matthew, and Andres took an uber to Capito