Skip to main content

Biking, costco, downtown, wrestling, and a TV.

 Alright, it's 12:30 AM and I will be wrapping up 11/8/23. This is DEFINITELY A DAY worth talking about.


- woke up at 8:30, drank my apple banana smoothie that i made: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/1Hm3gLT6AwI

 - went to CSE30 discussion that lasted like 40 minutes instead of an hour and literally no one in the class pays attention

 - Zach and I walked to science and engineering library and chilled afterwards. I dipped after like 30 min in the library cuz I had math lecture

 - Went to math lecture, first in-person lecture since like a week ago. But yea just good lecture

 - Then walked back to science and engineering library to meetup with Zach and we went to my dorm room where I dropped off my computer and stuff and also to get my helmet

 - Then we e-biked to where he lives in Cowell and locked our bikes while we ate lunch

 - LUNCH WAS FIRE it was greek food and it was AMAZING. Obviously not top-tier greek food, but mid greek food is still super good, its hard to mess that stuff up. They had a surprising amount of things to add, like falafels, gyros, tomato onion lettuce, tzaziki sauce, some other sauce, the quinoa stuff, pita bread, and some other stuff.

 - Ok so after lunch we redocked our bikes and checked it out again really quick cuz you can only use the bikes for an hour before being charged. Then we biked DOWN TO COSTCO and just biking down from campus into the city is AMAZING. The ebikes show your speed and I thought I was going crazy with the 25mph but it KEPT INCREASING until 30 mph. I was giong 30 MPH ON A BICYCLE. None of this was pedaling of course, it was just all downhill and I kept accelerating. There were not many cars behind us and I felt safe with my bike, but even with that it was just thrilling going that fast. WHOOOOOO

 - Then on our way to costco we biked through a neighborhood and saw the MOST RANDOM AMAZING DUCK LAKE EVER. You'll see it in the photo album. I legit just told Zach "lets turn right here and bike around this neighborhood, it looks cool" and next thing u know we explore straight into THIS MASSIVE BEAUTIFUL LAKE WITH SO MANY DUCKS MAN

 - I LOVE DUCKS I LOVE DUCKS THEYRE SO CUTE AND THERE WERE SO MANY OF THEM JUST CHILLING ALONGISDE THE LAKE OR SWIMMING EVERYWHERE MAN IM DEF GONNA GO BACK THERE BECAUSE THAT STUFF IS SO FIRE. IT WAS LITERALLY A DREAM

 - Anyway we biked to Costco and man we went down another big hill and that stuff is just so fun man, we don't get hills like this in Pleasanton. I've never biked like this before, its so fun

 - So we docked our bikes near costco and yea the next like 2 hours were spent just exploring costco. I haven't been there in like 5+ years I'm pretty sure and there was so much nostalgia. It just struck to me how big it was, theres so much stuff. It's like a midpoint between Home Depot and Ikea in terms of size, if u know what I mean.

 - I called some of my floormates too and asked if they needed anything, and I ended up buying rotessirie chicken for $5 for them, crossaints, and one chicken bake. As for me, me and zach split a pack of 4 apple ciders, and alongside that I bought a chicken bake and a black puffer jacket for $30. I saw this big tub of protein powder that looked tempting but I thought I would pass and just buy it next time I go. The puffer jacket I bought is so cool, I rly like it, youll see it in the photo album.

 - After costco, we took the bus back to campus and we had to carry everything back. Zach bought like two packs of fairlife protein shakes so it was a bit rough, but we made it and it was an awesome trip. The bike ride, the duck lake, and costco. MAN. My floormates were so jealous lmao, they were like "YOU ARE AT COSTCO????" on the phone to me. We're probably gonna go there next week on wednesday again.

 - Ok then after that, I gave Austin and them their stuff and vibed a bit, then I had to head to math discussion at 5:20 PM. 

 - I normally bike down to mchenry for my discussion but there weren't any bikes in the dock so I waited like 5-10 minutes for someone to come up with an ebike but no one was pulling up, which was kinda sad, but I just walked there after a while and giving up. I ended up being like 15 minutes late to class but it was fine

 - Discussion was fine.

 - Then I walked back to my dorm and called my dad along the way to discuss when hes gonna pick me up tomorrow. Then after I got to my dorm, our floormates were waiting for me so we can go downtown. It was me, Austin, Raymon, Andres, and Vishal from college 9. We took the bus down there and walked to some taqueria which was rly good mexican food, better than the other mexican food I had the other time. The chips were noticeably better and like everything was just better. I was in the mood so I spent 3 dollars on a lime jarritos which makes me feel kinda guilty but that stuff tastes pretty good lol

 - THEN AFTER THAT, We bus'd back to campus and chilled in Raymon's room and watched Vishal and Andres wrestle, that took up some time and my throat because it was super hype. Wrestling is such a college guy activity lmao but its so fun. I wrestled the day before this and lowkey some of us are getting into it lmao motivating each other.

 - Then we were about to chill and watch youtube on Andres' TV, when WE FOUND A CRACK IN IT. THE TV WASN'T CONNECTING TO HIS COMPUTER.

 - We were devastated, to say the least. We played smash and mariokart on there and our floor watched a lot of movies here. It wasn't connecting, and we disassembeld the TV to try to figure stuff out and we concluded that to replace the panel it was gonna be like $500 after doing some research. At that point we can easily get another TV for like $200. But we'll worry about that later. For now we will just grieve over this. 

 - Andres puts a chair in front of it and the leg is like stabbed between one of the legs of the TV and that was enough pressure to cause internal damage in the panel of the TV. It's so sad and tragic, we were really careful with it in general, Andres definitely doesnt deserve this. He called his mom and his mom was pretty mad, he basically has to go home this weekend in which he wasn't planning to.

 - And yea, that's how my day went. Very eventful, very memorable, very college-esque. There's a long weekend coming up ahead and I can't wait. 

Photo album: https://photos.app.goo.gl/Cc2B3m7pntxDBwaJ7

_____________________

a DAY diary

_____________________

Comments

  1. I like the jacket which I really wanted to buy for you. You bicycled too fast, boy!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Fire alarm in the dorm

  Something crazy, something memorable, and something hilarious happened yesterday.  So 11/6/23, let's do the typical day diary type stuff.  Here's what happened on November 6th  - It was a Monday, and usually I do push day on Mondays but I was super sore from running on Saturday and spending 3 hrs at the gym on Sunday playing basketball and doing pull day.   - So I woke up at 9:50 AM, got ready, and I didn't have a smoothie ready for this morning so I cut myself an apple and a banana and that was my breakfast. While this happened I checked canvas and my professor sent out an announcement that today's lecture was gonna be online again because she was still feeling sick.  - SO I took my lecture at my desk and it is harder to focus for sure but I still got it done because like she moves at a pretty fast pace in her lecture you always have to be on top of your game.  - After lecture, I think I chilled for a while and cubed a bit or something, but then I ordered grubhub to

casual productive tuesday + arian's slug story

 Today is Tuesday and here I am wrapping up how the day went. It was fairly uneventful I would say.   - Woke up at like 7:50 AM and got ready. I literally stopped telling myself to pull up to this class on time because there really is no need to and it feels so good to press that snooze button  - And so I went to my 8 AM class until 9:35 AM. I put in one earbud and litearlly finished my reading reflection due on Thursday during class which felt super satisfying. Literally that class is so soothing sometimes to do work because its just kids yapping making a nice environment for me to do work  - Then I went back to my room and did some cubing until around 10:50 AM  - Then I left at 10:50 AM cuz Jackson was coming back today at 11:20 AM and I don't wanna deal with his mom being in the room lol so I guess that means a very early lunch for me.  - After lunch I took a bike down to McHenry library. At this point it was like 12:00 PM. I stayed at the library for 2 hours where I wrote this

capitola on a peculiar saturday | DAY

10/21/23 DAY post So it's Saturday and I'm not home for the weekend. Let's run down what I did today, because it was quite a unique day.  - I wanna do a codeforces contest at 4 AM tomorrow  - Thus, I slept at 5 AM and woke up at 11 AM today, to kinda skew my sleep schedule or whatever  -  I went on like a bike ride and went to andres' room and went on omegle, thats how I killed the time to sleep at 5 AM  - So with the preface out of the way, let'st alk about today.  - SO 11 AM jackson's alarm woke me up, I was planning on waking up later but its whatever. He went home for the weekend.   - I drank a smoothie with strawberries, blueberries, and milk for breakfast. That stuff was pretty good tbh. I got a blender bottle and I have a code to the kitchen co-op so I use their blender to blend it, cuz the blender bottle cant blend strawberries cuz itsl iterally jsut a spring, it can only like mix soft things  - Then me, Raymon, Matthew, and Andres took an uber to Capito