Skip to main content

3UROTRIP 7/12

 today i woke up at 6:40 AM to catch the 7:20 bus that goes south east to a hiking trail:



You can see the yellow star there, thats the hiking trail. It was my last day in Granada and pretty much the last thing in my mind was to go to the Sierra Nevadas or do something of that nature. One of our tour guides Borja told me about this place and that it's nice and relatively short. I was going by myself since Ian said he wanted to sleep in. 


Ok anyway so I was running on like a fig bar and like half of a sticky protein bar and it was just so early but it was nice because it was cool in the morning. Now the hike was very cool. It was definitely a hike I've never done before. There were like suspension bridges and really narrow parts where there were jagged rocks pointing out and you had to duck and crawl under it, it was definitely very crazy and scary. There's this big suspension bridge that goes super high above the ground and the waterfall. I captured it all on my gopro, I was out until like 11:45 AM just going on different trails and enjoying the views, the mountains were so cool, it was definitely worth it and I'm glad i went early when it was cooler and shady. At 11:45 I caught the bus back to Granada and also bought a water at a souvenir store nearby. I was very hungry at this point and I found a recommendation on reddit of cafe futbol with their churros and it was really good. I was planning on just ordering churros but there was so much good stuff on the menu I also ordered a toast with guacamole and tomatoes and it was really good. The churros were so good, that was a really nice meal man I felt so nice afterwards with that super long hike. 

Then I walked back to the homestay and lunch was good it was a soup thing with pasta with chicken and I forgot to take a photo of the pasta. 


Then I chilled and did stuff until like 6pm, i tried taking a nap but couldnt fall asleep. Me and Ian went out at 6 pm to buy a thank you card for our homestay and a gift and we ended up settling on buying these nuts or whatever from this fancy store. Did a lot of walking, got back at 8 PM, I took a shower and did some packing, then ate dinner at 9 PM. Dinner was good, last dinner was burgers with burger with ham and a salad, and galleta flavored yogurt :O and the yogurt tasted pretty good, i liked it.


After dinner we did some packing and wrote the card and headed out at 11 PM to get some ice cream from gelatos italianos and WOW was the city bustling this late at night there were so many people out and it just really radiated this carefree energy man USA is not like this, USA is dangerous, USA is depressing when it gets dark, in the USA everyone is stressed. I really was quite prideful of American culture before but after experiencing all this in Europe... we are really doing something wrong. Life doesn't have to be this stressful day in and day out, life doesnt need so many people suffering, we really did fail. Idk I'll definitely have a reflective post on my ~3 weeks in Granada and everything I've learned and attained because I definitely did gain so much from this experience. Anyway I got limon and frambuesa which is lemon and raspberry and raspberry was okay but the lemon was sooo good it tasted like this natural kind of lemonade it was really good I liked it. And I would mix it with the raspberry too. 


last day in Granada, I'll put all my formal thoughts in a blog post like I said before but wow it flew by. This upcoming week is about to get really crazy... Not sure what to expect specifically but I'm excited, that's for sure.


(no photo album BUT some photos from yesterday did backup somehow so go visit 7/11 3UROTRIP if you feel underwhelemed)



_____________________

a DAY diary
_____________________


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fire alarm in the dorm

  Something crazy, something memorable, and something hilarious happened yesterday.  So 11/6/23, let's do the typical day diary type stuff.  Here's what happened on November 6th  - It was a Monday, and usually I do push day on Mondays but I was super sore from running on Saturday and spending 3 hrs at the gym on Sunday playing basketball and doing pull day.   - So I woke up at 9:50 AM, got ready, and I didn't have a smoothie ready for this morning so I cut myself an apple and a banana and that was my breakfast. While this happened I checked canvas and my professor sent out an announcement that today's lecture was gonna be online again because she was still feeling sick.  - SO I took my lecture at my desk and it is harder to focus for sure but I still got it done because like she moves at a pretty fast pace in her lecture you always have to be on top of your game.  - After lecture, I think I chilled for a while and cubed a bit or something, but then I ordered grubhub to

casual productive tuesday + arian's slug story

 Today is Tuesday and here I am wrapping up how the day went. It was fairly uneventful I would say.   - Woke up at like 7:50 AM and got ready. I literally stopped telling myself to pull up to this class on time because there really is no need to and it feels so good to press that snooze button  - And so I went to my 8 AM class until 9:35 AM. I put in one earbud and litearlly finished my reading reflection due on Thursday during class which felt super satisfying. Literally that class is so soothing sometimes to do work because its just kids yapping making a nice environment for me to do work  - Then I went back to my room and did some cubing until around 10:50 AM  - Then I left at 10:50 AM cuz Jackson was coming back today at 11:20 AM and I don't wanna deal with his mom being in the room lol so I guess that means a very early lunch for me.  - After lunch I took a bike down to McHenry library. At this point it was like 12:00 PM. I stayed at the library for 2 hours where I wrote this

capitola on a peculiar saturday | DAY

10/21/23 DAY post So it's Saturday and I'm not home for the weekend. Let's run down what I did today, because it was quite a unique day.  - I wanna do a codeforces contest at 4 AM tomorrow  - Thus, I slept at 5 AM and woke up at 11 AM today, to kinda skew my sleep schedule or whatever  -  I went on like a bike ride and went to andres' room and went on omegle, thats how I killed the time to sleep at 5 AM  - So with the preface out of the way, let'st alk about today.  - SO 11 AM jackson's alarm woke me up, I was planning on waking up later but its whatever. He went home for the weekend.   - I drank a smoothie with strawberries, blueberries, and milk for breakfast. That stuff was pretty good tbh. I got a blender bottle and I have a code to the kitchen co-op so I use their blender to blend it, cuz the blender bottle cant blend strawberries cuz itsl iterally jsut a spring, it can only like mix soft things  - Then me, Raymon, Matthew, and Andres took an uber to Capito