Skip to main content

China 2024 8/21

 

 Today I woke up at 8 AM in Lao Yi jia, then us three went out to a meng can (mongolian restaurant) to have breakfast and we got yogurt and the bread and nai cha and also hong tang bin and it was very good there were so many decorations everywhere and stuff

[todo add photo]

Then me and my mom took a bus to lao ye jia and me, da jie, da yi, and mom talked with lao ye for a while, we even went on a walk and saw lao ye ride his bike thing and me and da jie went to a small chao chang too. Then we ate lunch there at lao ye jia it was solid. 

[todo add photo]

Afterwards, me and mom took a cab to mo er cheng where we were going to meet up with an a yi, one of san lao jin's nieces. So we walked around for like 5 min before deciding it was more convenient to meet at wanda so we walked there which was fairly far away and it was super sunny and my mom was super tired but we made it and we bought iced coffee and we went to 8ljg's dress store where she makes and sells children's dresses and it was really nice and clean and we talked for a while and then soon the a yi came and we met up. 

[todo add photo]

They drove us to a coffee store near the xiao hei he (little black river) and it was really nice we talked for like 2+ hours and then we walked around the river and the newly built up restaurants, they said that at night time the water shows on the river are really popular. Hu Shi has really been insanely cleaner from when I last visited and insanely more rich, I asked one of them why and they said that these past 2 years it's been pretty much booming in Hu SHi, from a variety of reasons but Jay Chou going to hold like 3 concerts there kickstarted things a bit and ever since that a ton of artists have been coming to Hu Shi to hold concerts, reminded me of Taylor Swift effect. IMAGINE TAYLOR SWIFT IN HU SHI

[todo add photos]

Then at this point it was like 6:30 pm or something and they drove us to a restaurant where we met up with na na, yi he, da yi, da jie to eat dinner. Dinner was really nice it was good there was this like glazed chicken thing along with the dumplings and zhu rou and this spicy numbing black noodle dish.

[todo add photos]

And with that dinner which was also quite long and filled with lots of conversations and speeches and tears about family and stuff we took a cab back to da yi jia where i didnt have my contact lens case or my cera ve so i had to kinda bullsht it it through the night but it wasnt that bad i just threw away my contact lens. We went to sleep around 10:30 PM. A very hectic day where we were just quite literally everywhere in the city. I wanted to go to 2lj jia and see dou sha and guo guo but we didnt even have time to do that. I also really wanted to explore mo er cheng and wanda but we had literally no time. Some other day I guess.


_____________________________

a DAY diary

_____________________________

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fire alarm in the dorm

  Something crazy, something memorable, and something hilarious happened yesterday.  So 11/6/23, let's do the typical day diary type stuff.  Here's what happened on November 6th  - It was a Monday, and usually I do push day on Mondays but I was super sore from running on Saturday and spending 3 hrs at the gym on Sunday playing basketball and doing pull day.   - So I woke up at 9:50 AM, got ready, and I didn't have a smoothie ready for this morning so I cut myself an apple and a banana and that was my breakfast. While this happened I checked canvas and my professor sent out an announcement that today's lecture was gonna be online again because she was still feeling sick.  - SO I took my lecture at my desk and it is harder to focus for sure but I still got it done because like she moves at a pretty fast pace in her lecture you always have to be on top of your game.  - After lecture, I think I chilled for a while and cubed a bit or something, but then I ordered grubhub to

casual productive tuesday + arian's slug story

 Today is Tuesday and here I am wrapping up how the day went. It was fairly uneventful I would say.   - Woke up at like 7:50 AM and got ready. I literally stopped telling myself to pull up to this class on time because there really is no need to and it feels so good to press that snooze button  - And so I went to my 8 AM class until 9:35 AM. I put in one earbud and litearlly finished my reading reflection due on Thursday during class which felt super satisfying. Literally that class is so soothing sometimes to do work because its just kids yapping making a nice environment for me to do work  - Then I went back to my room and did some cubing until around 10:50 AM  - Then I left at 10:50 AM cuz Jackson was coming back today at 11:20 AM and I don't wanna deal with his mom being in the room lol so I guess that means a very early lunch for me.  - After lunch I took a bike down to McHenry library. At this point it was like 12:00 PM. I stayed at the library for 2 hours where I wrote this

capitola on a peculiar saturday | DAY

10/21/23 DAY post So it's Saturday and I'm not home for the weekend. Let's run down what I did today, because it was quite a unique day.  - I wanna do a codeforces contest at 4 AM tomorrow  - Thus, I slept at 5 AM and woke up at 11 AM today, to kinda skew my sleep schedule or whatever  -  I went on like a bike ride and went to andres' room and went on omegle, thats how I killed the time to sleep at 5 AM  - So with the preface out of the way, let'st alk about today.  - SO 11 AM jackson's alarm woke me up, I was planning on waking up later but its whatever. He went home for the weekend.   - I drank a smoothie with strawberries, blueberries, and milk for breakfast. That stuff was pretty good tbh. I got a blender bottle and I have a code to the kitchen co-op so I use their blender to blend it, cuz the blender bottle cant blend strawberries cuz itsl iterally jsut a spring, it can only like mix soft things  - Then me, Raymon, Matthew, and Andres took an uber to Capito